Tuesday, July 8, 2008

eBay Exec Lorrie Norrington: Bad Buyer? Bad Seller?

During eBay Live 2008, President of eBay Marketplace Operations, Lorrie Norrington, told a tale of buying and reselling a pair of shoes on eBay. Interested persons thought to check this out and made some odd discoveries.

Ms. Norrington's auction listing stated that she received the shoes as a gift. I thought she said she bought them?

eBay Employee Trading Policy states that, "When eBay company employees list an item for sale on eBay, the eBay company employees must identify themselves as eBay employees and include the link to this Web page in their listing." How odd. I don't see that link in Ms. Norrington's EBay listing nor do I see her identify herself as an eBay employee.

A search at Toolhaus.org reveals that Ms. Norrington received Negative Feedback, as a buyer, on Nov-13-06. The feedback from the seller stated, "NON PAYING BIDDER - TOTAL TIME WASTER." Oh, my.


You can view the whole sordid story in the YouTube video below and judge for yourself. Is Lorrie Norrington a Bad eBay Seller and/or Bad eBay Buyer?




Thanks to an anonymous commenter for alerting me to the fact that this topic is under discussion on eBay's own Trust and Safety message board. What are people saying about the conduct of Lorrie Norrington as a buyer and seller on Ebay?


say no to sleazebay

9 comments:

  1. I see that Ebay tried to do some cleanup by having Norrington change her ID. Too bad it didn't fool anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I don't see that link in Ms. Norrington's EBay listing nor do I see her identify herself as an eBay employee."


    They granted her absolution after they saw her feedback. They prefer to have buyers negging sellers needlessly.

    "IT"s part of their "Swindle Victoriously" campaign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting, ebay blows and anonymous.

    The days of people blinding accepting what eBay tells them are over. The time for exposing the games eBay plays is here... and long overdue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Post a screen shot before Ebay removes the proof... as they so often do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is an entire video, and screencaptures of all of it plus more.
    go to the video, click more info. follow the links

    ReplyDelete
  6. They can delete all they want, there were far too many who saw that.
    there are a still active discussions about it on the ebay forums.
    "Ebay employee has auction and doesn't identify them as employee?" on Trust and Safety bd

    That is also linked from the capp blog I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have screenshots if they are someday needed to prove the facts.

    I have added a link, in my posting, to eBay's Trust and Safety discussion about Ms. Norrington's seller/buyer conduct. Thanks for the tip, Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe someone should report her Bad Ebay Buyers at http://yourwebapps.com/WebApps/db-view.cgi?db=125721

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just suspended 2 days ago after i emailed eBay to say "THANK YOU" after they replied to me on my account matters.

    I asked why?

    They said i have more than 5% buyer dissatisfaction rate.

    FYI, i have 100% feedback for the last 30 days. 98.8% positive feedback over the last 12 months. Total positive feedback is 3000+

    This really sucks.

    I think by replying to them, i have "popped up" on their radar screen.

    Migrating to ebid.net
    Ebid listing is free. No Final Value Fees.
    If gallery is used, only 2% final value fee.
    I paid about US$34.50 for this lifetime membership (forgot the exact amount)
    Called "Seller+" account

    Get to open 5 stores without any fees. And bringing all my 4000+ customers with me.

    Now still emailing eBay to sort things out. I list 200+ items every 3 days. Spending several thousand dollars each month.

    Best of all, they accept Google Checkout also.
    Google Checkout charges only $0.20 + 2% of total received. Better rates than PayPal.

    ReplyDelete